Thursday 14 October 2010

MEET THE UGANDANS



Davis Hillary Ntare a.k.a Soundtrack
Davis, 25, is a multi-talented individual with an interest in music production and performance, abstract art, photography and song writing. Soundtrack is the consummate altruist and uses his art and Music to reach out to people in a positive way. He has a diverse musical background, including playing the trumpet in a brass band back home, doing background vocals for Maurice Kirya’s shows and singing in the school and church choirs.
What is your favourite genre of music?
I like to listen to all genres although I lean towards reggae, Soul, Afro fusion, Jazz and Neo Soul.
What will you miss the most going into the Academy?
I will miss my family and most especially my mom because she inspires me to be more successful.
What will you miss the least from back home?
I will not miss the amount of stress that my work as an artist, Music teacher and producer entails.



Rachel Namubiru a.k.a Nalongo
Rachel, 26, lists her greatest achievements so far as qualifying for the Top 18 and earning her diploma in Business Studies. She started singing in nursery, then she later on joined choirs in primary and secondary school as well as singing in various church choirs. She also had the auspicious honour to lead a performance for dignitaries at the national Conference Centre. She would like to be remembered as a person who inspired others through her music and lived her life as an example to others.
What is your favourite genre of music?
I love listening to RnB, pop and country music. Leona Lewis, Juliana Kanyomozi and Mariah Carey are some of my favourite performers.
What will you miss the most going into the Academy?
I will miss my family and friends back home in Kampala.
What will you miss the least from back home?
I will not miss the traffic jam in Kampala and it gets quite bad at times.



Thomas Madooba Kirya a.k.a Cowboy
Thomas, 32, has a diploma in Music, Dance and Drama from Makerere University and a certificate in Communication and Management skills from the International People’s College in Denmark. He likes watching movies, football, playing badminton and music in general. He admires Jesus Christ, President Muammar Gadaffi and Martin Luther King for the impact that they have had on social life. His icons are Nelson Madiba Mandela and Abraham Lincoln.
What is your favourite genre of music?
I like to listen and play country, rock, reggae, jazz and soul.
What will you miss the most going into the Academy?
I will miss my folks and my friends back home.
What will you miss the least from back home?
I will not miss beer as I get into the Academy.

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment