Thursday 14 October 2010

MEET THE CONTESTANTS PEOPLE!




THE KENYAN PEEPS!

Stephen Nyabwa a.k.a Sodo a.k.a Stevo

The-26-year-old likes to listen to neo soul music and loves John Legend’s music but he also admits that he admires Bob Marley and Koffi Olomide. When he is not working as an accountant, he likes to watch and play football and rugby in addition to giving motivational talks to teens at his church. He is driven to succeed by his desire to make a difference in someone’s life by living his own life.

What is your musical background?
I used to sing with my family at my local church when I was still a kid and later on a joined an acapella group known as One Accord at church, in addition to singing in the church choir. Nowadays I just do solos at church whenever I can.

Why did you audition for Tusker Project Fame?
I believe that it is a medium that will take me to the next level musically and I think it will provide me with the avenue to actualise my dreams of greatness.

What will you miss the least while going into the Academy?
I won’t miss my neighbour’s chickens that love to soil our front door all the time.



Prudence Kibaya a.k.a Pru

The-22year-old from Mombassa believes that in her music, she has a role to play and would like to inspire young people to dream big and believe that nothing is impossible. She is inspired by the African legend, Brenda Fassie and Kelly Clarkson who she admires because of her music and voice.

What is your favourite genre of music?
I like listening to rock, neo soul, RnB and country music when I am chilling or doing schoolwork.
What will you miss the least from back home?
I will not miss my hectic school schedule, assignments and projects back in Mombasa where I study Broadcast Journalism.
What will you miss the most going into the Academy?
I will miss Facebook and my cell phone; but overall it will have to be my family, my pet cat Brownie and my dog Bobby.



Juvenalis Ochieng Amonde a.k.a Igweh Juveh a.k.a Chizi Freshy

The 24-year-old is a former NYS recruit who started off his musical career performing at public holiday celebrations in his hometown of Nakuru as a child and teenager. He was a member of the school choir while at Menengai High School. Juveh was also concurrently involved with the choir at the ACK Cathedral in Nakuru. He is currently studying Music theory at the National Youth Talent Academy under the tutelage of Dave “Mobb” Otieno and has also tried his hand at playing the rhythm guitar.

What is your favourite genre of music?
I like listening to afro-fusion, Lingala, reggae and calypso. My favourite performer is Kidum because he has overcome a lot of challenges to get to where he is.
What will you miss the least from back home?
I will not miss my daily diet of Ugali and Sukuma Wiki back home.
What will you miss the most going into the Academy?
I will miss my girlfriend terribly.



Amileena Mwenesi a.k.a Ami

The composed 22 year old hotelier is a study in self confidence . She has taken part in various musical competitions while she was a t St Christopher’s preparatory including the Festival of Lights. She auditioned for TPF because she sees it as an avenue to re-work and perfect her singing, technique and delivery; one of her happiest memories is making it to TPF’s Top 18.
What is your favourite genre of music?
I love listening to Jazz, Neo Soul, Blues, Soul, RnB and Afro Fusion.
What will you miss the most going into the Academy?
I will miss speaking to my family as I talk to them every day on the phone, so that will be had for me.
What will you miss the least from back home?
Absolutely nothing. I absolutely love my life.

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment