Saturday 6 March 2010

YVONNE CHAKA CHAKA COLLABOES WITH WILL.I.AM


South African legendary songstress Yvonne Chaka Chaka will be taking the stage today in her home country to celebrate 25 years in the industry. The Umqomboti hitmaker announced on Friday that she had done a collabo with US rapper Will.i.am of the Black Eyed Peas.
The track, recorded in America is aimed at raising awareness on malaria.She told Sunday World that the song was recorded in two days and will be available to fans on the web, proceeds of which will go into fighting malaria.
The multi award-winning artist, who is a goodwill ambassador for the United Nations Children’s Fund, will also be raising money for communities battling malaria, HIV/Aids and poverty.
The collaboration comes ahead of her much anticipated Homeland tour which will see her sharing stages with top South African musicians such as Sipho “Hotstix” Mabuse, Lira and the St Stithians college marimba band.
“That cannot humble me more. You know, people I have met doing my humanitarian work and they’re coming to celebrate my 25 years in the industry and the humanitarian work that I’m doing.”

2 comments:

  1. Good to see Chaka Chaka going strong after all these years.

    I remember her from the days of apartheid is S.Africa and her songs Umqomboti, Thank you Mr. D.J. etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope she doesn't try singing over some technotronic beats. That would just not work!

    ReplyDelete