Thursday 14 July 2016

Larry Madowo Pens Sacarstic Birthday Message While Taking Pot Shots At Online Trolls

Kenya's popular TV face, Larry Madowo celebrates his birthday today. The NTV news anchor celebrated turning a year older by looking back to his naive young days.

Larry Madowo took to his Instagram and penned a long post about his achievements or lack thereof...

He wrote:
"I got my first job on TV when I was just 20, a wide-eyed, skinny village boy with big city dreams who had just dropped out from Daystar because my accent had not caught up. On this my birthday it has hit me how little I have achieved in the years since: I remain unmarried and keep no small animals. Growing up in front of the camera contained all the excitement of a root canal without the motivation of a pretty dentist. I was taken apart for being too skinny, too dumb, too ugly, too basic to be worthy of the high office of reading aloud on television. But I rambled on, thanks to an abundance of wine and good humour. Seeing as I am severely lacking in the skills or talents department, I stuck around and somehow managed to fail up to a moderately acceptable career in broadcast. Now with 30 dangerously close, the internet still disapproves of how I look, how I sound; even how I breathe. Mercifully, I'm old enough not to care. After all, we live in a world where anyone can grow up to become anything, including a failure. Those types usually lurk in online comment sections, compensating for their disillusionment with life by attacking others. Here's to judgement by strangers, here's to wanderlust, here's to unmerited favour and blessings, here's to living the dream. Next time, please send money instead but thanks for all the birthday wishes ‪#‎TBT‬"

No comments:

Post a Comment