Wednesday 13 July 2016

Ghana’s Efya Gushes Over Uganda's Eddy Kenzo As He Teaches Her Some Luganda

Ugandan BET Award Winner Eddy Kenzo - the mastermind behind East Africa's Most Viewed Music Video 'Sitya Loss' makes his debut on Coke Studio Africa this year!

Eddy has been paired with Ghana's vocal powerhouse - Efya. Straight from releasing her debut album: Janesis, Efya is among Ghana's top music acts to feature on Coke Studio Africa for the first time on the upcoming fourth season.

In an exclusive interview Efya says, "It's always special to be first in some projects and I will make the best out of this opportunity to represent my country so that my sound isn't just heard but not forgotten. I want to take with me a structure to be able to fuse my sounds so that when fans from Africa hear a Ghanianian artiste singing they don't feel like it's too foreign, they can easily adapt to my sound," adding, "I am also excited to be singing in Luganda."

Eddy will be collaborating with Efya and Kenyan producer Madtraxx on Coke Studio Africa. He says, "I am just me – I am real and I love Efya's energy. Together we will make sure Africa sees the best from our countries, music fans across Africa will discover the best of Ugandan culture – that's what I plan to show."

Efya is super thrilled to be working with Kenzo. She says, "He's a great guy to work with. I got to know of him right after I watched 'Sitya Loss' video with millions of views."

Efya has also collaborated with Ghanaian artiste Stonebwoy (also set to feature on Coke Studio Africa season 40 on her new album. She promises to put some soul in everything Eddy Kenzo brings her way! This promises to be one of the biggest songs uniting East and West Africa this year!

Coming soon ...

No comments:

Post a Comment