Monday 20 December 2010

VALERIE KIMANI ON PAM AWARDS AND COMEBACK


Though singer Valerie Kimani missed out on receiving the Ugandan Pam Award for Best Female Kenya which went to Wahu, the nomination is “rewarding” for her.
The Besame Mucho star told Hot Secrets, “To be nominated is a real honour, and especially to be placed in the same category with heavyweights such as Wahu, Amani and Suzanna Owiyo is quite a reward in itself. The prospect of my music getting into new territory is also very rewarding for me as an artist. And after being
away from the industry for quite some time it's such a wonderful welcome.”
Valerie was one of the performers at the Sierra Jazz Festival at the Bomas of Kenya early this month which was headlined by jazz maestro Jonathan Butler.
“I'm mainly focusing on getting my fans to see and hear more of my work. I'd like them to experience my band and my sound more. I feel I have grown and I'm challenging myself to soar to even greater heights,” she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment