Saturday 2 July 2016

Larry Madowo Bids Farewell To His Radio Career

After the restructuring at Nation Media Group, many journalists lost their jobs.

The media giant is repositioning itself to get into the digital space.

This saw the company merge NTV and QTV and take all the radio stations online.

TV personality Larry Madison had a show on Nation FM but after the adoption of the new strategy.

He bid farewell to that part of his career in a social media post.

Read it here....

"My shiny forehead and I had the privilege of hosting The Larry Madowo Show on Nation FM over the last 2 years. Alongside @danielweke, @shoseoyalo and @eddiebutita we helped dumb down humanity by laughing much too loudly and saying nothing important. Nation FM rewarded us by giving us a Saturday morning slot and throwing in an extra hour. We only enjoyed our move to radio suburbia for 3 weeks but it was raucous messy and glorious. The Nation Media Group has changed its broadcast strategy and we have to bid adieu to this beloved station. This was one of the highlights of my week and I'm forever grateful for the opportunity. Special thanks to Manwa Magoma who gave me the show, Tim Oriedo who let me keep it as well as Jimmy Gathu and Sean Cardovillis who kept it on. In my first 2 weeks, Prince Nesta patiently taught me how to operate the console and software without once mentioning how dumb I was. That's how you know he's a nice person. I couldn't have done it without Shose, Eddie, DP & all the guests who dropped in on us. Most of all, thank you for listening."

No comments:

Post a Comment