Monday 30 May 2016

Victoria Kimani to launch new album in Kenya, Nigeria and South Africa

Kenyan music diva Victoria Kimani is finally ready to show the world what she is made of.

The singer who is signed to Chocolate City will soon unveil he debut album titled Safari.

She revealed this information to Elle South Africa, the singer revealed the title of her soon-to-be-released album as 'Safari', with a release date scheduled for the third quarter of the year.

'My album is called Safari which is Swahili for a journey or to travel. Musically, ascetically, fashion wise and sound wise, they are all in sync with my life experiences through travel,' she said.

'I found myself on Safari. The project literally sums up my life…

'This is my first album ever, and I'm so hyped about it. I needed people to understand the type of artist I am, so I released several singles in several different regions that ended up being hits,' Vicky further disclosed.

According to The Net Nigeria, Victoria also revealed her plans to have the album's launch in three major countries in Africa – Nigeria, Kenya and South Africa – as she seeks to showcase the richness of the continent.

'I will have three album launches in these three countries and possibly a few in between, because that is another way of legitimizing the soul of the record.

'I have always been an advocate for us Africans to take advantage of our continent the way Americans or Europeans take advantage of their space and use it to thrive and become better brands and business people.'

No comments:

Post a Comment