Monday 13 October 2014

Reese Witherspoon Speaks About Visiting Kenya's Refugee Camp


Hollywood actress Reese Witherspoon says her visit to Kakuma Refugee camp, with her daughter Ava, 15 was an "emotional" trip.

The 38-year-old actress plays a job counsellor helping refugees settle into America in her new movie, Good Lie. That stars Sudanese icons Ger Duany and Emmanuel Jal. Ugandan actor Arnold Oceng also joins the starstudded flick.

Reese told American press: “I didn’t want to just do the part in Atlanta and go home to my life. I wanted to see what that experience was like. It was very emotional, seeing over 250,000 people displaced, sleeping on concrete slabs, kids who were sick. I took my teenage daughter and she didn’t say a word the whole day. I think it’s going to affect her for a long time, as it will me.

“Kids nowadays have all this technology that disconnects them. I think travel is the antidote to that. As much of the world as you can show them is great.”

No comments:

Post a Comment