Wednesday 19 March 2014

Ask Africa's Super Sun Anything. And He Will Answer...

For someone who never thought he would get to where he is now, Bez is the proverbial miracle child of music.

The Afrosoul star and guitarist says people told him that Nigerians did not like guitar music, only hip-hop or Afro-pop but he thinks his success has proved them wrong.

Successful singles and hit album later, Bez is on top of his music game.

Bez is famed for his single "Stupid Song" which premiered on the renowned BET 106 & Park. His album Super Sun has sold numerous copies.


In a past interview Bez spoke about his enagagement to the beautiful Bolatito Ladoja, the daughter of Ex-governor of Oyo state, Rasheed Ladoja. Bolatito is a corporate banker with FCMB.

"Yes, I did get engaged and I saw the effects of social media first hand. I mean, you tell a friend and before you know it, the press has everything. It’s not like someone leaked the story somewhere, it was just someone who put it up using their blackberry and it went viral," Bez said.

"For the first time in my life and my career, I felt like my privacy was invaded because it wasn’t something that I wanted to share with the whole world yet. It’s not a bad thing, but I just wanted to enjoy that moment," he added,

"Anyway, I don’t think it has affected my music so far, you just have this realization that you have to be responsible for another person in your life. Eventually there will be kids so you have to be more responsible in your music and lyrics. I mean, you don’t want them to listen to hear something inappropriate. So far though, it has given me a lot of publicity and I think we can ride on that to share more music with music lovers from around the world."

Now, you will get the chance to interview and ask Bez anything during the  Coke Studio Africa Artist Takeover.

Clear your calender on Friday the 21st of March from 3PM to 4PM and interact with Bez live Coke Studio Africa Facebook Page (www.facebook.com/cokestudioafrica) and Twitter Handle (www.twitter.com/CokeStudioAfr) and on the hash tag #AskBez.
 
Meanwhile, you could sing along to Bez's My Baby below.



You may also checkout the behind the scenes of Bez's appearnce on the Coke Studio TV show.

No comments:

Post a Comment