Thursday 8 August 2013

Ice Prince: I Cried When I Won!




“I could not believe when I heard I had been nominated again this year for the BET Awards”… these were Ice Prince’s words at the BET welcome party on Friday, 2 August 2013 at the Viacom International Media Networks (VIMN) Africa office in Parkview, Ikoyi, Lagos.

Fresh back from the USA, Ice Prince expressed his joy and gratitude to BET for recognizing and appreciating his hard work. “After being on the nomination list with Wizkid and Sarkodie last year, I thought that that was it for me. … So when I heard I had been nominated again this year, I shed tears of joy.”

Guests at the bash were treated to an exclusive lush cocktail session where they mingled with the Chocolate City superstar. Notable faces at the BET event include DJ Caise, Mai Atafo, Deji Awokoya, and VIMN Africa’s Colette Otusheso among others.

Having lost out to Wizkid and Sarkodie last year, Ice Prince showed his staying power in the 2013 contest by beating former winner and fellow Nigerian 2FACE Idibia, Toya Delazy (South Africa), Donald (South Africa), R2Bees (Ghana) and Radio and Weasel (Uganda). The star received his award from Sam Sarpong in Los Angeles at the end of June.

Commenting on behalf of BET International, Alex Okosi, Senior Vice President & Managing Director, Viacom International Media Networks Africa said, "It is thrilling to see an African artist of the calibre of Ice Prince recognised alongside the biggest artists in the world at the BET Awards. We are delighted that Ice Prince and indeed all of the African nominees have been able to benefiting from this fantastic promotional platform in the world's biggest music market."

No comments:

Post a Comment