Thursday 22 August 2013

Basketball Star Talks Of His Trip To Tanzania

Stephen Curry, the NBA’s single-season three-point-record-holder, traveled to Tanzania with the United Nations Foundation's Nothing But Nets campaign.

Curry, of the Golden State Warriors, has been a Nothing But Nets Champion for many years.

He traveled with the campaign to the Nyarugusu Refugee Camp situated in northwestern Tanzania to deliver life-saving anti-malaria bed nets to residents because malaria is so deadly there.

Nothing But Nets supporters – many inspired by Curry – donated money to ensure everyone in the camp is protected by nets.

“After working for several years to raise awareness to fight malaria, it was inspiring to meet people who are at risk for this easily-preventable disease and need our help,” said Curry.

“I donated three nets for every three-pointer I made during the 2012-13 season, and now every time I hit a three I will think of the families I met in Tanzania. As a father, I do everything I can to keep my daughter safe. The parents I met in Nyarugusu do the same, but they need help to protect their children from malaria. That’s why I’m challenging all my fans to get involved and support Nothing But Nets.”

No comments:

Post a Comment