Friday, 24 August 2012

IT'S TZ'S TIME TO SELECT THE NOKIA CYPHER



Tanzania's national finals for the Nokia Don't Break the Beat competition will be going down tomorrow (Saturday) at Club Sansiro, Dar-es-Salaam.
The rap battle will see judges' select two contestants who will represent Tanzania in the East African regional finals to be held at Club Iconic (formerly Club Barn) in Nairobi next Saturday, September1, 2012, where the finest Rap MC will be crowned.

The winner of the regional finals will receive a recording contract with Decimal Records, in addition to the KES 250,000 in prize money and a Nokia Asha smartphone.
The deal will also see the winner record four songs and shoot three videos within a span of one year with one of the songs being in collaboration with Kenya's hip-hop star, Stella Mwangi, popularly known as STL, who will jetting into the country tomorrow night. STL will be performing at the grand finale next Saturday.


Decimal Records is an independent record label that focuses on music recording, publishing and licensing, as well as the management, marketing and promotion of its artists. Since July, Nokia has been on the search for East Africa's finest cypher or rapper. The campaign was taken to various universities, followed by auditions held in Nairobi, Mombasa, Kisumu, Eldoret, Kampala and Dar-es-Salaam.

The panel of judges who are involved in assessing the final talent include: Eric Musyoka, Keko & Adam Mchomvu .Their votes will carry 70 percent weight in the final judging and the other 30 percent will be
consumer driven, with voting open at each round on Nokia East Africa's YouTube channel.

As part of the campaign, Nokia recently launched three new phone models, Nokia Asha 202, 305 311, to extend the Asha family. This is a continuation of Nokia's commitment to connect consumers to smartphones
that offer modern, attractive designs, a range of practical and fun features, and services that extend the value of the phone with access to information and entertainment.

"The youth in East Africa are all about self-expression and the freedom to share their unique style," says Angela Githuthu, Marketing Activation Manager for Nokia East Africa. "The Nokia Asha range of
smartphones is designed specifically for these consumers, offering freedom of choice in design, form factor, colour and price; but not compromising on features that the youth demand such as integrated
social networking, access to thousands of apps and entertainment."

To find out more about Nokia Don't Break the Beat, go to: http://dontbreakthebeat.mobi or http://www.facebook.com/nokiaeastafrica
Post a Comment