Sunday 17 June 2012

YVONNE CHAKA CHAKA TO LAUNCH KENYAN MUSIC CENTRE




South African singer Yvonne Chaka Chaka will be in Nairobi for the launch of the Maisha Mapya Music Centre for children set for August 24 at the Carnivore grounds.
Yvonne was invited by a group of young entrepreneurs who come under the umbrella of Maisha Mapya organization to launch the centre that will be open to children from the ages of 6 to 12.
Speaking to Hot Secrets about the launch, Wilfred Opiyo said, "This will be a pilot project that will be based in Nairobi Primary School where we will have 50 or so music instruments which the students will be introduced to. The y will identify and instrument they would like to learn and join the program to master it. The centre will provide useful activities outside class."
The reason why they chose Yvonne for the launch is because, "for years Chaka Chaka has used her voice to draw attention to the causes that will change the lives of millions, from ending apartheid to improving maternal and child health. She was the natural person to ask to join our initiative."
In a statement about on her involvement with the initiative, Yvonne said: "When I started singing, I thought, how can I best articulate what I want to say, how can I air my views, and I did it through my music. With my music and the platform that I have, I will continue to show those things, to air my views about those."
Kenya's Suzanna Owiyo and Sauti Sol will also lend their support to the initiative.

No comments:

Post a Comment