Wednesday 23 November 2011

CANDID LOOK AT THE MAN, KWAME MUZIK





Hot Secrets caught up with Kwame Rigii who is known by his music moniker Kwame Muzik. Kwame talked about his music, tribute to the late Nobel Laureate Prof. Wangari Maathai and the little things that make him tick as a man and musician.
Tell me a bit about the Wangari Maathai song?
The Wangari Maathai tribute is a song Mama Africa I did to celebrate an amazing woman, fighter and an amazing Kenyan. I had earlier written a song on environment and the initial plan was to incorporate the late Prof. Wangari Maathai but we never got the chance to meet, so after the sad news that she had passed on, I decided to do some changes on the chorus and sing about her and still talk about cancer on the bridge.


We have heard the release, what is next on your musical releases?
I have been working on my debut album and will be coming out soon, we are working on some few logistics and once that is done, then I will be giving you a chance to listen to NedokaH Music (My Music). I will be releasing/launching my next single, Stop The Stigma,  a song denouncing different forms of stigma against minorities (ethnic minorities, people living with HIV/AIDS, sexual minorities, refugees and IDPs) on December 5, 2011 in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia during the 2011 ICASA (16th International Conference on AIDS and Sexually Transmitted Infection s in Africa)

Are you recording any collabos?
For now I am not but in the future, yes.

What is that one thing your Kenyan fans don't know about you?
That I’m very passionate about kids and women. I am a socially engaged artist, particularly working with kids.

What is the last book you enjoyed reading is…
A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini.

A common misconception about me…
That I’m an introvert and a Rastafarian.


My worst childhood fears were…
Being chased by dogs - and it did actually happen.

My ideal night out is…
Chilling out, in a conducive environment listening to some beautiful music. If at home, cook (Which I love) and meditate.

If I were a politician I would…
Just be me. Work in common cause with people who are poor and those who have been denied their rights to obtain social justice and development.

The best part of my job is…
Listening to what I’ve been working on.

My greatest regret is…
The purpose of life is to live it with no regrets. I never look back and say ‘I wish’.

Historical figure I admire…
Martin Luther King Jr. He never let go or bowed to pressure. He fought for what he believed in, left a legacy, his dream is still alive.
Living leader I admire…
The good and admirable ones are long gone.

My greatest possession is
My attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment