Thursday 13 October 2011

UNRAVELING DIKEMBE MUTOMBO



Dikembe Mutombo is a retired Congolese American professional basketball player who last played for the Houston Rockets of the NBA. He had visited Kenya’s Daadab camp a while back together with K’Naan
We threw the one-liner interview at him. Here goes…

 I’m good at
Playing basketball and socializing.
I’m very bad at
Remembering names. I can always remember names but not faces.
The last book l enjoyed was
The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger. It is one of my favourites.  


The most surprising thing that happened to me
Finding out that most people knew me thanks to my favourite sport.
A common misconception of me is
That I’m snobbish. Just because I’m famous.


One of my worst childhood fears was
Snakes. They still frighten me.
My ideal night out is
Staying indoors with my friends.
In another life l’d have been
An accountant. I loved mathematics
If I were a politician, I would
Make sure that my citizens were well catered for and also ensure equitable distribution of resources.
The best age to be is
Any age as long as I’m happy.
The best part of my job is
Enjoying the pitch and now that I’m retired enjoying the fruits of my labour.

No comments:

Post a Comment