Sunday 20 March 2011

HABIDA TO OPEN SCHOOL FOR THE DEAF


Habida in the studio recording

Singer Habida who is currently in Germany recording a number of tracks with top German producers/DJ plans on opening school for the deaf. The desire to do this stems from her observations and experiences on the issue.
The Sunshine singer spoke of future plans to start a school for the deaf.
“The reason I’m particular about this cause, is because my sister has a deaf son and I have seen how there are no resources to provide for this,” she told Hot Secrets.
Asked about how life is as a married woman, the highly conservative singer smiled and said, “Marriage is normal the same as everyone else’s,” refusing to comment further. The singer got married to Daniel Ebo in December 29 in Nairobi.


Habida and Daniel

Anyhow, Habida jetted out of the country to record with Dan Curtin, a German house DJ and producer. Her two-week trip will see her also work with yet another producer called Ramon Beine in Berlin before jetting back to Nairobi.
This is her attempt at breaking into the European market; already her single Get Down Tonight produced by R Kay is receiving massive airplay in various urban radio stations.
In an interview before she left, Habida said, “This trip is aimed at breaking into the European market. I will work with Dan Curtin, a German house DJ and producer; already two tracks where he has featured me have already been released.
“After working with him for a week I will head to Berlin where I will work with yet another producer called Ramon Beiene,” she said.
For the past ten years Dan has been one of the most eagerly observed producers in the techno scene, having forged a particularly distinctive and original musical style. He started up his own label, Metamorphic Recordings, on which he and like-minded artists showcased their own individual style.


Habida and Dan Curtin

In other news, Habida clarified that she has not relocated to Tanzania but is shuttling between Kenya and Tanzania where her hubby Daniel is currently working.
“I have been in Tanzania for three weeks and I will be traveling in between here and Tanzania. My visits to Tanzania gave me an opportunity to promote my music there I also did a couple of interviews with Clouds FM and EATV.”
Before leaving she dropped her latest single and video titled Get Down Tonight produced by R Kay.



“The song was inspired after I got my baby (Michaella Ayoka Ebo now three months shy of a year). I just had a baby. It was a hard pregnancy, the pain and following strict instructions by the doctors to protect my baby. When all this was done I felt like aaahhhh. The song is a representation of that.”
The video was shot by Willy Owusu of Big Ideas at Skylux where she plays a waitress who has had a long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment