Saturday 6 November 2010

KENYAN MAMA NOMINEES TALK, DADDY OWEN, P-UNIT, AND MUTHONI



Three Kenyan acts who are nominees for this year’s MTV Africa Music Awards with Zain (MAMA)spoke to Hot Secrets.
Breaking the record for the first ever gospel act to be nominated in any MTV award is Daddy Owen. The King of Kapungala has received a nod in the Best Anglophone category for his hit single Tobina while hip hop outfit P-Unit got a mention for Best Group for single Karee and Muthoni’s Mikono Kwenye Hewa secured her a spot in the Brand: New category.
“I give all the glory to God for this. It was just last year when the MAMAs were in Nairobi and I got the chance to attend. I kept asking myself, ‘What is the gospel industry doing wrong such that there are no gospel acts nominated or performing’. That is when I purposed to find out hat it takes to make a mark,” Daddy Owen said.
Asked if he will bring the trophy home, he said, “My goodness nothing is impossible.”



A speechless Muthoni was also surprised at the news of the nomination, “I’m surprised and wow,” was all she could say. P Unit’s Frasha, Bon Eye and Gabu were also excited about the nomination. They are currently on a nationwide tour dubbed Wateule Tour with all-boy-band Sauti Sol.

No comments:

Post a Comment