Wednesday 14 July 2010

CHIZI TO LAUNCH SECOND ALBUM


Self proclaimed crown prince of benga will launch his sophomore album in July 30 at the prestigious Kenya National Museum grounds. Dan ‘Chizi’ Aceda has titled his album Benganology because, “I am convinced that Benga is the music of the gods! I think it’s the true music of Kenya. So I dedicated the entire album to creating a fusion that would reach all other genres that I am better versed in like reggae, RnB, jazz and hip hop. Still I am so happy now that it’s come out as a catch phrase and is running all over the cyberspace,” Chizi chimed.
The album features a collabo with Eric Wainaina dubbed Guns and Arrows which Chizi decribes as “extremely poignant”, then there's my collabo with Wyre, Doris Onyango and Sanaipei Tande.
The concert will be recorded and packaged as a live DVD. Entrance to the show is set at Sh 800, which includes a free souvenir copy of the album or Sh 500 for ticket only.

1 comment:

  1. Attended the album launch.was superb!he is king of benga!wasnt disappointed.

    ReplyDelete