Monday 28 June 2010

JOE JONAS TWEETS ABOUT AFRICA



American singer Joe Jonas tweeted about his trip to Botswana. Here is an excerpt of it...

My journey began in Maun, Botswana, Africa. I brought some of my best friends with me to be a part of this incredible experience. We were all changed by what we saw.

I also spent time with some of the babies that were born to mothers carrying the HIV AIDS virus. Out of the entire trip this was one of the most touching moments. I miss those children already. I was close to coming back home with many Joe Jr.s.

We went to a couple villages where there were 7 kids with one mother in a home made out of clay and soda bottles. We were able to bring them blankets to stay warm because the nights were so cold...

For the future, I plan on going back to Africa, as well as other nations, to help out in any way I can. I feel like hands-on work is where I feel most satisfied. I look forward to going to different places – not only Africa where I have new friends – but all around the world. It is my goal to spend 50% of my time and life doing what I can to help others.

No comments:

Post a Comment