Friday 2 April 2010

NEW PARTY FOR ESTHER ARUNGA?


On Tuesday afternoon, an email from someone calling herself Esther Adongo Timberlake was sent out to members of Mlalahoi - a google group - claiming that she is registering a political party named Theory and Democracy in Women Party of Kenya (TDWP). This means that either the real Mrs Timberlake is planning to register a new party or someone masquerading as the ex-TV queen is fooling around.
The email addressed to Kenyan women reads: “Hello women of great minds. Please come out and show that you are capable of leading and not just being tossed like a coin. I did it, Re: Finger of God of which I have no apology to make. Betty Murungi has done it and she has no apology to make. Martha Karua did it. Further still she has absolutely no apology to make. To this end, I am registering a political party named Theory and Democracy in Women Party of Kenya (TDWP) as I run for vice presidency. I am capable and will certainly do it. Come out and support me and my president to be - Hon Hellon.”
We are yet to confirm if it is a spoof email or if indeed Mrs Timberlake did pen it, as Esther and Hellon couldn’t be reached for comment.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fraud. Arunga is a publicity hog. Launching a party in writing isn't her thing.

    ReplyDelete