Sunday 27 September 2009

HACKERS HARASS BOXING BOSS



Early this month hackers accessed the yahoo account of the Kenya Boxing secretary general Shabaan Ogolla and deleted all his business and personal contacts after sending an SOS mail to everyone.
The mail asked for assistance claiming Shabaan was in dire financial constraints in the Philippines. It read: “I misplaced my wallet on my way to the hotel where my money and other valuable things were kept. Presently my passport and things are been held by the hotel management pending my payments. I will like you to assist me with a loan of $1550 to sort-out my hotel bills and to get myself back home. I'm presently in Malolos, Philippines.”
Shabban got a call from a worried Kenyan boxer based in Denmark, Ashira Oure, asking if he indeed needed help. “This is a real setback for me as I have lost all my business contacts besides being made to look like a con artist. I’ve had to call the secretary general of Africa Boxing Union in Uganda, C.D Mindra, who in turn informed the World Boxing Council to ignore the email, and any other suspicious emails from my yahoo inbox.”
Shabban also hinted that the email hacking could be ‘his enemies who are out to get him.’

No comments:

Post a Comment