Thursday 9 July 2009

KENYAN POET FEARS FOR HIS LIFE




Poet, singer and actor Grand Master Masese fears for his life after a series of bizarre phone incidences in the past week.

On Friday night, he received an SMS threatening his life. It read: “Umekua ukijifanya mjanja but mwisho wako umefika” (You think you are clever but your end is here).”

Grand Master said: “I have for a while now, been getting weird numbers calling, when I pick up they say it’s a wrong number. Now after I received the SMS on Saturday I decided to report the matter at the Central police station on Saturday.” The police advised him to ignore the message and that they will follow up with telephone service provider.

Known for his controversial poems, the ‘Obokano’ playing performer says his phone woes began immediately after coming from the UK Hay festival a while back.
“I’d hate to say this but I guess some people in the industry are not happy with my rise,” he said.
Grand Master, who made a debut screen appearance as a cop in the Citizen TV drama series Waridi, has since sent the SMS to a civil rights organisation, Fahamu Kenya, for record keeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment