Tuesday 7 April 2009

Nameless wins coveted Tanzanian award





Though Kenya’s celebrity couple Nameless and Wahu were both nominated for the Tanzanian, Kilimanjaro Awards, only one of them won. The star studded ceremony took place on Saturday night at Diamond Jubilee Hall in Dar es Salaam, saw Nameless walk away with the most coveted award of the night, Best East African song for his hit song Salari. On his win, an ecstatic Nameless said, “I was actually called in to perform but they told me that I had been nominated. My wife (Wahu) and I were nominated for the same award. Since she was in Mombasa for a show, we figured, if she won, I would pick it up for her and if I won, well I’d pick it for myself. It was very tricky but we were prepared for it to go either way.”
The award ceremony is an initiative of the late singer James Dandu of the Sina Makosa fame. American rapper Chingy was the main attraction of the night. Curtain raisers were Uganda’s Blu3, TID and AY who gave some great performances during the show. Also awarded on the night, Matonya, Professor Jay and Lady Jaydee among others.

photo courtesy: Tanzanian blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment