Sunday 9 February 2014

Lupita Nyongo Covers New York Magazine

Lupita Nyong’o is on the cover of New York Magazine‘s latest issue. She  speaks about life after her awards season run.

The 12 Years a Slave star said, "I’ve been in a bubble. I haven’t been out much. I haven’t gotten used to being recognized. I was blissfully ignorant of the magnitude of the project I was in or what it was going to mean for the world.”

She describes her first few months in America as "mortified".

“I thrive on structure. I find my freedom in structure. It was very hard to adjust to an individualistic and very liberal system. I mean, my upbringing, I would iron my clothes every night. I would plan what I wore the night before, and then I would iron it. That’s just the way my mom raised us. Then I got to Hampshire, where clothing is sometimes optional and all this kind of thing. I was mortified.”

No comments:

Post a Comment